Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Night Dead

This week I....
Lost one hour of sleep for daylight savings time.
Prepared 17 meals.
Took Bella to school on Tuesday and Thursday, dance class on Wednesday, school pictures on Friday.
Made 3 trips to the paper store, 5 trips to the grocery store, 2 trips to the post office and 1 trip to the bank.
Worked out for 7 hours (lost 3 pounds!).
Did 7 loads of laundry.
Cleaned the house twice.
Printed 1,106 sets of wedding invitations.
Read 18 books before bedtime.
Washed the car.
Walked the dog.
Laid in bed next to the dog, and promised her I would walk her more next week.
Paid the car loan, the Visa bill and the water bill.
Had one new client meeting.
Answered over 300 emails.
Bought a pair of new shoes.
Went to one afternoon play-date.
Played 3 games of tag in the backyard and attending 3 tea parties.
Went to a hockey game and a surprise party.
Bought a new camper.

It is 11:00 Saturday night and I'm still going. And if my daughter wakes up in the middle of the night and needs something, I will be the first one out of bed to be by her side. Whoever said being a mother is the hardest job in the world, was right. But it is also the best job I have ever had. Knowing that my beautiful girl is upstairs sleeping in her own room, in our cozy house, surrounded by her princess books and fancy dresses and toys. Knowing that she knows she is loved by her mommy and daddy and family and friends, knowing that I am happy with my business and lucky enough to be home with my child everyday and she learns and grows....makes it all worth while.

Although a massage and pedicure would be a nice thing to add to the list tomorrow....

No comments: