Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rollercoaster of Love

There are ups....like when my child out of the blue says, "I really love you Mommy" or when I sing "Here comes the sun" and she follows with "do-un-do-do" or when we have tea parties in the back yard on a 70 degree sunny March day.

And there are downs....like when I am at the gym and a woman from the kids club comes to find me midway through my workout to tell me my daughter has had an accident (not the injured kind...the poop kind) or when I have just changed the sheets on my bed and put the brand new white ones on, only to find my daughter in my room minutes later shaking a glass of cranberry juice ALL OVER the bed.

When you are on a roller coaster, you assume the down part is the fun part. But the down part wouldn't be nearly as fun without the anticipation and excitement of climbing the hill. I think it's the most fun when you just enjoy the ride. Poop, cranberry juice and all.

Do-un-do-do.

No comments: