Sunday, February 15, 2009

Twiggy


When I was 4 years old, I had very long hair. My parents wanted to cut it short (probably from day after day of tears when trying to comb through it). Unbeknownst to each other, they had each bribed me to get the haircut. My mom bought be a Barbie swimming pool that I desperately wanted and my dad took me to lunch at my favorite restaurant. They didn't find out until after the haircut that they had been scammed.

Yesterday I was going to give Bella's hair a little trim (the last time it was cut at the local kids barber shop, the woman who cut it had no clue what she was doing and we walked out of there a little lopsided!). I started to cut it and Bella said, "Mommy, cut this part that is always in my eyes." So I asked her if she wanted to have really short hair. She heartily replied "YES!" So we cut it short. She now kind of looks like a cross between Twiggy and Bob Dylan. 

I think I will voluntarily take her to lunch and get her a Barbie swimming pool...will keep her busy until her hair grows back! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short hair looks great with a smile! - gm

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't have a glass of wine while trimming? I always think my bangs need to be cut after a glass (or two) of wine! It looks cute, post another pic that shows it off! I don't know what to do with Lily's hair either... grow it out, grow her bangs out??? Anyways, with two kids as cute and happy as ours, who cares what their hair looks like :)