Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good Day Sunshine

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in Colorado. Late this afternoon, Bella was playing out in the backyard and I was sitting out with her soaking up the sun. It was as warm as a spring day and someone close by had a fire going, so the sweet smell of smoke lingered in the air. Bella decided we should have a picnic. She went into the house and came outside with lots of goodies...carrots, raisins, graham crackers and chocolate milk. She sat down next to me and said, "It's a good day Mommy, isn't it? It IS a wonderful day." Then she sighed, leaned against me and drank her milk. 

OK - this next thing is going to sound like I made it up, by I actually wrote it down word for word...I just have an amazing kid (if I do say so myself).

It was nearing bedtime when Bella climbed up onto my lap and said in a very serious tone, "Mommy. I need to ask you something." "What is it?" I replied. She said, "Can I have a little bit of your love?"  "You can have ALL of my love!" I said. Then she gave me a hug and said, "Mommy, I can feel all of your love." You and me both kid.

It was indeed, a wonderful day.



No comments: