Sunday, May 4, 2008

The $64,000 Questions

I have two questions that I ask Bella almost every day.

The first is "Do you know that I love you?" To which she always replies, "Yes." (and hopefully she will always answer the same way)

The second question is "What are you thinking about." Now this one is a great question to ask a preschooler. Because you never know what the answer is going to be..."Turtles", "Cinderella", "Candy" (this is a common answer - wouldn't you love to have the time to just daydream about candy). But it is always a great way to start a conversation and usually good for a laugh or two.

So next time your kid looks quiet and contemplative, ask him/her what he/she is thinking about. Whether your kid is 2 or 16, you might just learn something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tasha,
I don't know if you remember me... I/we live in the Vail area. You did our wedding invitations in '05 (Bryan and Anneliese). Anyway, I just went to your website to look for some potential shower invitations for my friend whose wedding shower I am hosting at the beginning of June. I stumbled upon your blog, and I just want to tell you... it made me cry, it made me laugh, and more than anything it made me smile to know that someone really GETS the important stuff in life! Your daughter sounds like a total treasure. I will contact you to see about those shower invitations, but in the mean time THANK YOU for the smiles and the happy tears!! Life IS funny. Hope you are well,
Anneliese