Saturday, January 3, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

In the car this morning, Bella was singing songs and it started to rain a little so she broke into "It's Raining, It's Pouring". After 'the old man is snoring' she said, "How does the rest go again?" so I finished it "He bumped his head and he went to bed and he couldn't get up in the morning." 
Then she said, "And then what happened?"

Huh? I have no idea what happened after that...never really thought about it before. My guess is that the prognosis was not good, considering his age and the fact that he probably went to sleep with a concussion, but I wasn't really prepared to explain all of that to a  4 year old, so instead I asked her what she thought happened next.  Her version went something like this (sung in the same tune as the song). 

He went outside
with his pajamas on
and he looked pretty silly without his rain hat on.

Everyone loves a silly ending.


No comments: