Saturday, July 12, 2008

Symphonie Fantastique

Those of you with small children have probably all witnessed this, but I think it's funny every time so thought I would share it with you.

Remember the movie "Sleeping With the Enemy"? Julia Roberts fakes her own death to escape a controlling psycho husband, who meticulously lines up everything from the bathroom towels to the soup cans in the cupboards...

I'll leave Bella in my room playing, only to come back a few minutes later to find that all my shoes have been lined up and sorted by heel height, my t-shirts organized by color. Sometimes it freaks me out a little and other times I am tempted to take her down to the Home Depot to see if she can get a job in the closet organization department, maybe make a little money for her college fund.

It just strikes me as so funny when kids do this. I know that it is all part of learning, recognition of patterns, counting, colors, etc. But it always catches me off guard and I have to laugh. Then I get that music stuck in my head all day from the movie....you know the one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGXXJgwl_c

No comments: