Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dizzy and Tired

I am proud to say that my child has made it to 4 years old without ever drinking a soda (that I know of anyway). I myself have just given it up...no more caffeine, saccharine, or aspartame for me. I have however found some alternatives...because every once in a while you need a little fizz in your life. So today I was drinking a Blue Sky Organic Lite Root Beer (no artificial color or flavors, no preservatives and, of course, no caffeine - tastes MUCH better than it sounds!) and I asked Bella if she wanted a sip. "Of course!" she said with a smile. She took a tiny little sip and exclaimed, "Oooh, it makes my tongue dizzy!"....had it been a Coke, she may have fainted!

Then, this afternoon we took our dog for a little walk around the neighborhood. About 20 minutes into it, as we were just rounding the corner for home Bella said with a big sigh, "Mommy, I am running out of walking."

I know just what you mean kid. By the end of most days, not only is my tongue dizzy, but so are my ears, my eyes and my head. I have run out of walking, talking, listening, tugging, lugging, holding, wiping, cleaning and patience. But I will never be too dizzy to kiss you good night and I will never ever run out of hugging, kissing, caring or loving....I promise.

No comments: