Monday, September 24, 2007

Brainwashed at age 3


Bella & I spent the last week in Minnesota, visiting Grandmommy, Grandpa, Aunt Tracy & Uncle Bill. Daddy ventured off to Alaska for a 10-day hunting trip. I am pretty sure it is all he thought about for the past month and a half. I would ask him a question about his workday, what he wanted for dinner, etc., and most of the time would be met with a glazed-over stare and a, "Huh?". He'd been making lists, shopping for gear and shooting his bow & arrow at the archery range for weeks...and apparently brainwashing his 3 year old daughter.
Back in MN, Aunt Tracy and Uncle Bill had purchased a giant box of Playdough - 24 colors, including gold and silver! - and were waiting with giddy anticipation for Bella's arrival so they could play with it. Bill came up with the idea that he would hide the Playdough around the house and then have a Playdough hunt when Bella arrived. A few days before we were to go to their house, Bill asked Bella if she wanted to go on a Playdough hunt. Without skipping a beat she replied, "I will bring my bow and arrow!" Not quite what he had in mind.

I think I will take her shoe shopping tomorrow, just to balance things out a little.

No comments: